IBM i 7.2 – Base Enhancements

Главная Форумы IBM i (OS/400) IBM i 7.2 – Base Enhancements

В этой теме 9 ответов, 2 участника, последнее обновление Картинка профиля Oldnick Oldnick 3 года/лет, 1 месяц назад.

Aliexpress INT
  • Автор
    Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник
    Aliexpress INT

До анонса нового релиза IBM i 7.2 и новых серверов на базе Power8 осталось меньше недели, но уже кое что просачивается до официальной даты.

IBM i 7.2 – Base Enhancements

Из железа появится два сервера начального уровня S814,S824 и, естественно, новая версия консоли HMC CR8 для управления.

Относительно совместимости IBM i 7.2 с имеющимися сейчас линейками серверов:
    Новая ОС не может быть установлена на P5, т.е. Power5 #давайдосвиданья
    Новая ОС не будет работать с PCI картами, которым для работы требуется IOP #2844.
    Новая ОС не будет работать с HSL (RIO-G)
    Вполне ожидаемые ограничения для старья.

Картинка профиля Oldnick
    Oldnick
    Участник

ура! CR7 мимо нас проскочил, CR8 надо брать. Может там SSD диск будет в комплекте?

Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник
    Картинка профиля Oldnick
    Oldnick
    Участник

прикольные корпуса у 840 и S8x

Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник

Всего анонсировано 5 моделей, некоторые подробности:

Power S812L and the Power S822L. Both of these machines have a BIOS setting that only lets them run a Linux operating system and they cannot run IBM’s own AIX or IBM i variants. Specifically, these systems can run Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP3, and Canonical Ubuntu Server 14.04 LTS. The addition of Ubuntu Server is new with the Power8 servers and it was added to the support matrix for a number of reasons, the most obvious being that Ubuntu Server is getting uptake among large enterprises and cloud operators, particularly for those setting up OpenStack-based clouds. These two Linux-only Power8 machines have two processor options: a ten-core chip running at 3.42 GHz and a twelve-core chip running at 3.02 GHz. The processor cards used in the machines support 512 GB per socket (one processor is on one card, just like in the Power7 and Power7+ systems). The machines have room for a dozen disk or flash drives in 2.5-inch form factors and the two socket Power S822L machine allows for up to an additional six 1.8-inch solid state drives to be added to the machine. The base processor card has six PCI-Express 3.0 slots and the second processor card adds another three PCI-Express slots for a total of nine.

The dual-socket Power S822L will be available on June 10, while the single-socket Power S812L will ship in August. Both machines will not only support IBM’s own PowerVM server virtualization hypervisor but also its PowerKVM variant.

The other three machines in the Power Systems S-Class line will not be able to run PowerKVM or Ubuntu Server.

The Power S822 machine might also interest some scale-out cluster builders. This machine has Power8 processors with fewer cores that run at higher clock speeds. This includes a six-core Power8 running at 3.89 GHz or an eight-core chip spinning at 3.42 GHz. As with the Linux-only machines, the Power S822 has up to 512 GB per socket for memory capacity and offer the same storage and peripheral expansion. This box can run RHEL and SLES as well as IBM’s own AIX but it cannot run IBM i.

The two remaining machines run AIX, RHEL or SLES, or IBM i and they come in much larger 4U enclosures.
    The Power S814 comes with a single processor, which can be a six-core chip running at 3.02 GHz or an eight-core chip running at 3.72 GHz. This box has up to 512 GB of memory per socket, seven PCI-Express 3.0 slots, and room for a dozen disk or flash dives.
    The Power S824 has two processors including a six-core chip running at 3.89 GHz, an eight-core Power8 running at 4.15 GHz, and a twelve-core chip running at 3.52 GHz.

IBM i может работать только на двух последних моделях.

Источник[/url]

Картинка профиля Oldnick
    Oldnick
    Участник

сегодня в конфигураторе появились все вышеперечисленные модели и фичи к ним. цен пока нету. из новинок – новые диски SAS SFF-3 и

SAS SFF-2/3 4K Block 4096 для AIX (и SAS SFF-2/3 4K Block 4224 для i)

CR8 тоже появилась.

Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник
    Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник
    Картинка профиля Sever
    Sever
    Участник

IBM i 7.2 is now available on the entitled Support website

IBM i integrates a trusted combination of relational database, security, web services, networking, and storage management capabilities. It provides a broad and highly stable database and middleware foundation for efficiently deploying business processing applications.

With the announcement of IBM i 7.2, IBM is extending the integration message of IBM i. This new release of IBM i provides significant new function in DB2 for i, systems management, and security as well as enhancing many other integrated components and licensed programs. IBM i 7.2 includes support for the latest Power Systems server family. There are many additional enhancements being added to many components of the integrated IBM i operating system and to its related licensed programs. These are documented in the new IBM Knowledge Center website http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/ssw_ibm_i_72/rzahg/ic-homepage.htm Use the Entitled Support Site to upgrade your entitlements, download your software and retrieve your keys.

We made is simpler for you to make a release upgrade from V7r1. You do not need to place an order.

If there is active SWMA for the machine, you will be able to download your software under “Software download”, and retrieve your keys at 7.2 on “Power i, iSeries, AS/400 software keys” without the need of placing an order. The keys will be generated automatically based on your SWMA and V7 entitlements.

Картинка профиля Oldnick
    Oldnick
    Участник

…CR8 надо брать…

The IBM 7042 Model CR8 has two Intel 8 core processor Xeon E5-2640 v2 (20M Cache, 2.00 GHz), 8 GB memory, 500 GB hard drive, and DVD-RAM optical device.

Для ответа в этой теме необходимо авторизоваться.