Вышел в свет новый релиз HMC. Теперь с поддержкой систем Power7
Enhancements in HMC V7 R7.1.0
This package provides the following enhancements:
- The following commands have been enhanced to support Active Memory Expansion (POWER7 servers only): chsyscfg, lssyscfg, mksyscfg, chhwres, and lshwres.
- The chsysstate command has been enhanced to support activating partitions with their current configurations.
- The migrlpar and lslparmigr commands have been enhanced to support setting and displaying the inactive profile migration policy.
- A new attribute has been added to the lshwres command to display the minimum slot number that can be assigned to user-defined virtual I/O adapters on Virtual I/O Server partitions. To display this information, run the following command:
lshwres -r virtualio –rsubtype slot –level sys
- The log_port_ids attribute displayed by the lshwres -r hea –rsubtype phys –level port command has been deprecated. It has been replaced by the logical_port_ids attribute.
- The port_counters attribute displayed by the lshwres -r hea –rsubtype phys –level port –stat command has been removed. The attributes embedded within the port_counters attribute are now displayed as separate attributes.
- Added support for POWER7 processor based servers. This HMC version will manage POWER5, POWER6 and POWER7 processor-based servers.
- The VIOS can be installed to a specific disk by specifying the -E PVID flag to the installios command. The PVID value can be obtained using the lsvg command on the VIOS and this flag is valid when executing the installios command in the non-wizard mode.
- In HMC V220.127.116.11, when a partition does not have a last activated profile, the lssyscfg -r lpar -F curr_profile command outputs "none". Previously, this command output "", that is, an empty string. This defect causes the lssyscfg -r lpar -F curr_profile command to revert back to its previous behavior for partitions that do not have a last activated profile, and output "" again.
- Enhancement to support status updates for IBM Director servers that connect to the HMC.
- Removed restriction of 128 of Active Memory Shared (AMS) partitions in a Shared Memory Pool for POWER7 processor-based servers.
- Removed the virtual adapter slot restriction for Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) partitions for POWER7 processor-based servers. Previously, virtual slots 2 through 10 were reserved for VIOS partitions.
- Enhancements to support Inactive Logical Partition Migration.
- Performance enhancements to support HMC that manage large partition counts.
- Enhancements to support Active Memory Expansion.
- Enhancement to support partition activation from current configuration.
- Extensive logging has been added to the events recorded during Scheduled Operations. The events are more verbose. In this HMC release, a number of improvements and fixes were made to the handling of Scheduled Operations. These improvements fix problems with handling errors from Scheduled Operations. They also fix problems with Scheduled Operations failing to run silently, with no logging of a problem.
- Error handling has been added to detect rare cases of startup and initialization problems in the HMC. Previously, in these rare cases, the HMC would fail silently and run in a degraded mode with no notification to the user. Now, the HMC detects these problems better and presents error messages on the local console.